The Congregation of the Sisters of Charity of St. Paul, the Apostle, was founded by Genevieve Dupuis in Banbury, England in 1847. The Congregation spread rapidly throughout England with Sisters working in parish schools and visiting the sick in their homes.
In 1903 Sisters were sent to open the first convent in Ireland at Kilfinane Co. Limerick and teach in the parish school. St. Paul’s Greenhills, Dublin was opened in 1964.
Genevieve Dupuis had a very simple philosophy of education – “Love is the first principle of success – do your best for the children”. Genevieve’s legacy continues today in our school communities which are permeated by the belief:
• In a loving God, as revealed in Jesus Christ
• That all persons are sacred because each is made in the image of God and therefore deserving of respect
• That all creation is an expression of the goodness and love of God revealed through it
• That all are entitled, in justice, to be given the opportunity to develop fully as persons
Saint Paul, the Great Teacher, is patron of Scoil Pól, Kilfinane and St. Paul’s Secondary School, Greenhills. The schools’ motto is Omnibus Omnia – All things to All, (Cor.9:22) 25 January, the Feast of the Conversion of St. Paul, is a day of special celebration in the schools. .
The school badge refers to the life of Saint Paul.
The Sword signifies his martyrdom.
The Quill shows he was a writer.
The Book represents his Letters.
The Crown reflects his sainthood.
www.sellypark.org – Motherhouse of the Sisters of Charity of St. Paul
www.scoilpol.ie – Scoil Pól, Kilfinane, Co. Limerick
[email protected] – St. Paul’s Secondary School, Greenhills, Dublin 12.